MySafaricom app makes accessing Safaricom services more convenient than using USSD or SIM Tool Kit.
The app lets users access M-PESA services, Mshwari, data bundle and airtime purchases, SMS subscription, Bonga services, and Home Fibre services.
To use the MySafaricom app, you must have an internet connection or WiFi. You don’t need to have a data balance on your line to use the app—it works even when you have zero data.
As stated earlier, the MySafaricom app bypasses the not always reliable USSD options. It allows users to easily check their data, airtime, Bonga Points, and SMS balances with just one click.
How to Check Airtime and Data Balance on mySafaricom App
Here’s how to go about it.
- Open MySafaricom app
- At the top just below your name, tap on View My Balances.
- On this screen, you should see all your account balances including airtime and data.
- You can click on the small arrow on the right side of each item for a detailed look at the specific types of bundles or subscriptions you have.
How to Check Airtime and Data Balance on the New M-PESA App
Besides MySafaricom, Safaricom also recently released a dedicated M-PESA app.
However, the new app also has all the other functionalities of the earlier albeit may require a few more steps to access.
Here’s how to check airtime and data balance on the M-PESA app:
- Open the M-PESA app.
- Tap on the Airtime button on the top right.
- Select the BUY BUNDLES option.
- You should see a horizontal strip showing airtime and bundles balances.
- Click on the strip for a vertical and detailed breakdown of all the available balances including SMS and Bonga Points.
Both Safaricom and M-PESA apps do a great job of making services easier to access. You can have whichever of the two and still get everything done.
Having both comes in handy when you have two Safaricom lines on the same phone.