If a friend or anyone is running out of airtime and you have some extra credit you can give them, doing so is easy on Safaricom. All you need is their number and use one of these three ways to send them the airtime. Use whichever method is the most convenient for you.
Before we proceed, remember you must be able to remain with a balance of at least KES 5 when sharing your airtime. Also, the minimum amount you can Sambaza is KES 5.
How to Sambaza Credit via USSD
This is the easiest and fastest way of sending airtime to another number that works on both smartphones and feature phones. Do it in these few simple steps:
- Open your phone’s dialer and dial *140*amount*recipientsNumber#.
- Tap the call button and the recipient should receive whatever amount you sent them after you get a pop-up saying “Message has been sent successfully”.
- For example, if I wanted to send someone KES 20, I’ll dial the following *140*20*0712345678#.
- The person with the number 0712345678 should be able to receive the airtime instantly and use it as they wish.
How to Sambaza Airtime Using MySafaricom App
If you’re on iPhone or Android and prefer to use the MySafaricom app, you can do it without a hassle by following these steps:
- Launch MySafaricom and tap Account on the bottom right.
- Tap Sambaza under Quick Account Actions.
- Enter the recipient’s number in the Phone Number field and the credit you want to send them in the Amount field. You can also use the search icon to retrieve a number from your saved contacts.
- Tap the Continue button and then tap SAMBAZA to confirm the transaction.
- In case you want to share mobile data, follow the same steps and switch to the SAMBAZA DATA tab in step 3.
Can You Sambaza Credit Using M-PESA App
At the time of this writing, it isn’t possible to use Sambaza services on M-PESA App. You can only buy airtime from M-PESA with the app. You’ll have to use the USSD method above instead if you want to share your airtime.
Share Safaricom Airtime With Your Loved Ones
As seen above, sharing Safaricom airtime is easy as long as you have the minimum required balance and send the minimum recommended amount. Help out a friend and keep the conversation going. Alternatively, you can always buy your loved one’s airtime from M-PESA if you’re also low on airtime.