Spotify ads can be annoying. To avoid them you must either pay for the monthly premium plan worth KES 299 or use a cracked version of the Spotify app. I don’t recommend the latter for security and legal reasons.
Also, you could opt for the Spotify Premium Mini Plan which will cost you just KES 49 per week—a total of KES 200 per month. You’ll save around KES 100 compared to the individual premium plan. A good deal if you sometimes go for days without listening to music.
But there’s a catch, the Spotify Mini Plan comes with a couple of restrictions:
- You can only use the plan on a mobile device.
- You can only download 30 songs for offline listening.
If your aim is to enjoy music on your phone without the persistent Spotify ads, I’d recommend taking up this plan. I’m going to show you how to go about it and pay directly from your M-PESA.
How to Buy Spotify Premium Mini Using M-PESA
Make sure you’re logged into your Spotify app and then follow these simple steps:
- Open Spotify from your launcher and tap the Premium icon on the bottom right.
- You should see Mini as your first subscription option and tap the GET PREMIUM button on this option.
- You’ll receive a prompt to pay with your M-PESA—enter your phone number and tap the Continue purchase button.
- Enter your M-PESA pin from the pushed STK notification.
- KES 49 will be deducted from your M-PESA and you can start enjoying Spotify Premium Mini for a full week.
If you’re using Spotify Lite, the steps for purchasing Premium Mini are pretty much the same as the ones we’ve provided above.
Get Rid of Annoying Spotify Ads
Spotify’s Premium Mini is the best and cheapest option you’ll have if you want to get rid of the ads. If you want offline listening, you’ll have to get the Individual Premium Plan for KES 299 which is still a fair deal.
One more tip, Spotify doesn’t consume too much data. I’ve tested exactly how much data Spotify consumes. I’ve also compiled and explained more nifty Spotify tricks you can use to enhance your listening experience.